Paper entries will be accepted in person at any Tulsa City-County Library branch, and digital entries can be submitted online at www.tulsalibrary.org/spooky-story-contest.
All entries must be submitted by 5 p.m. on Tuesday, Oct. 31.
The top 10 stories from each age category will be published on TCCL's website, as well as in a physical anthology. Copies of the book will be added to TCCL's permanent collection for checkout and will be available for individual purchase through the publisher.
- All entries must be the original work of the student.
- The short story contest is open to ages 8-18.
- Three different age categories will be judged: 8-11, 12-14 and 15-18.
- Submissions are due by 5 p.m. on Tuesday, Oct. 31.
- All submissions must be original works of no more than 3,500 words.
- Stories can be submitted in person at any Tulsa City-County Library branch or digitally through the online entry form at www.tulsalibrary.org/spooky-story-contest.
- All entries must include a title page with the author's first and last name, age and contact information (phone number and email).
- Only one entry will be accepted per contestant.
- Entries must be text based; no illustrations.